Beverley Walker will be working with ESS Ltd (www.essgroup.com) to conduct a workshop on site screening and selection of offshore wind farms sites, for the USA Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM).
The technical areas that may be included are:
- monitoring for avian species and bats
- seafloor and sub-seafloor technologies and interpretations
- assessment of archaeological and cultural resources on the Outer Continental Shelf
- international offshore wind regulations and guidelines
- technical requirements for placement of offshore wind facilities
BOEM have identified funding for a range of European experts to provide experience of ‘lessons learnt’ to support the US programme. Proceeds from last years workshop can be found on: http://www.boem.gov/Renewable-Energy-Program/Atlantic-Wind-Energy-Workshop.aspx